- cooked overnight rice or cooled rice
- cilipadi - chopped
- garlic - chopped
- shallots - chopped
- carrots - diced
- long beans - cut to your hearts desire
- cauliflower - cut into tiny florets
- soy sauce (kicap pekat manis Kipas Udang)
- lemongrass - root end, divide into 2 or 4 parts and sliced thinly
The amount of each item depends on how much rice you're going to fry. Add the amount to your hearts desire.
- heat up oil and fry anchovies till crisps, put aside
- in the same oil, fry the chopped garlic, cilipadi & shallots
- just as they start to brown, add the vegetables (carrots, longbeans and cauliflower). when the veges are half cooked, push them to the side of the wok
- add 2-3 eggs and stir to form scrambled eggs. once the eggs firmed up, mix well with the veges
- add rice and mix well. then add salt and soy sauce to taste
- then add the lemongrass, mix well and finally add the anchovies back to the wok.
- mix well and your fried rice is ready!
The aroma of the lemongrass & sweet soy sauce really perks up a sleepy guy for sahur :o)
optional: sometimes i even add kaffir leaves (daun limau purut) which i slice very thinly. you would need just a little bit just to add aroma to the fried rice.