i think this is an easy construction of a trifle. it's here as a guide and open for modification.
Ginger passion fruit trifle By Nigella Lawson
Preparation time: less than 30 mins
Cooking time: no cooking required
• 500g/1lb 1½oz ready-made sponge cake, pound cake or madeleines
• 125ml/4½fl oz ginger wine
• 500ml/18fl oz double cream
• 4 tsp icing sugar
• 8 passion fruit
1. Slice or break the sponge into pieces and arrange half of them in the base of a shallow dish. Pour over half of the ginger wine. Pile the remaining sponge pieces on top and pour over the remaining ginger wine.
2. In a bowl, whip the cream with the icing sugar until soft peaks form when the whisk is removed - don't make it too stiff.
3. Scoop out the pulp from two of the passion fruit and gently fold into the cream. Pile the cream on top of the soused sponge.
4. Scoop the pulp from the remaining six passion fruit into a bowl, then drizzle on top of the white pile of cream, so that it is doused and dribbling with the black seeds and fragrant golden pulp.