pic taken on 30th july 2012
recipe posted on 20th august 2010.
i thought i had this recipe in my blog but after searching for it .... eh, tak dak.
i better write it down b4 i forget.
one thing about me is that i seldom have the measurements for the ingredients. so ... for now, i'll just list them.
- pasta - i love fusili pasta for this recipe. macaroni is ok too.
- bawang merah & bawang kuning besar - blended
- cili kering & cilipadi - blended
- lots of garlic - chopped. for a bag of fusili, about 4-6 big cloves.
- minced meat - i prefer beef but chicken is ok too
- fish balls & fishcakes - cut to desired bite-sizes but wash & fry them 1st b4 cutting them up
- carrots & young corn - cut bite-sizes (you can add any other veggies)
- an egg or 2
- kicap manis
- gula/sugar - secukup rasa
- daun ketumbar/fresh coriander leaves - lots!
- bawang goreng
- heat cooking oil & fry garlic 1st till slightly golden but not burnt
- add the blended ingredients - onions n cili & a pinch of sugar - fry till frangrant n oil separates from the cili. (petua secubit gula ni utk memerahkan sambal, bukan utk rasanya)
- add minced meat - again fry till oil separates from the mixture
- add fish balls, fish cakes n fry for awhile
- then add veggies
- add salt & kicap to taste
- add the pasta - stir almost well
- add an egg or two and mix everything well. you don't want lumps of eggs.
- when all is mixed well ... just before serving ... throw as much chopped coriander leaves & caramalised onions (bwg goreng) in as u want. it adds frangrance and aroma to the dish .... yuuuummmmm!
you can even change this into a bake pasta dish. when everything is ready & done, put it in a casserole dish, lightly beaten n season a few eggs with S&P, pour onto the dish and baked until golden brown & you can even add shaved cheese on it before baking it.