Saturday, April 5, 2008
Udang Asam Jawa
Recently, I learned a new recipe from my cousin. I didn't catch its name but, its something like Udang Asam Jawa. She told me it's a nyonya recipe. Here it is:
a. Prawns - deveined & cleaned with skin still intact
b. Tamarind juice - not too thick nor too thin
c. a clove of garlic - chopped
d. big onions - sliced
e. red chilies - sliced (if you want it hotter, add cili padi)
f. salt & sugar
1. Make your tamarind juice and marinade the cleaned prawns in it for at least an hour
2. Heat some oil in a pan and fry the chopped garlic.
3. When garlic is browned, pour in the marinaded prawns and tamarind juice, stir occasionally. The liquid will thicken.
4. Add the onions and chilies.
5. Add salt and sugar till you have a balanced taste of salty, sour & sweet.
6. When you have the taste that you want, the onions and chilies have wilted and the prawns are cooked, the dish is ready :o) Serve with hot steaming white rice :o)
Posted by Syaliza Abdul Rahman at 12:04 AM