Monday, February 18, 2008

Salad

Being on a diet, I have to be creative when it comes to dinner. Hubby does not want rice and neither do I. So, here's my first recipe in this blog. It's a salad and I don't have a name for it hehehe

No special recipe, just threw a few things together. Documenting it here :o)




I first marinated a few squids with abit of olive oil, turmeric powder, salt & pepper. I left it in the fridge for about an hour. Then I started grilling it.







After grilling them for a few minutes, I cut them into smaller pieces and grilled for a few more minutes.









To add crunch to the salad, I crushed a few roasted almonds. The pestle and some wrist work did the job ;o)








The base of the salad is made of butterhead salad. You can get it at Giant or Cold Storage supermarket. The leaves are crispy and I love its sweet taste.








I also prepared some shreded carrots, slivered capsicum & celery.











At first I wanted to make the dressing from scratch but changed my mind and used the Italian dressing that was in the fridge. I love the tangy taste of this dressing.
























Mixed everything up and here's the result.




Each had a bowl of salad, a glass of oatmilk, a glass of water and an apple. Kenyang :o)










No comments: